Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The countdown begins....

As usual for this time of year, I am counting down the days until April 15. We have SO much work coming in that it appears people don't realize we've been working 6 day weeks since January and could have had their work done LONG before now. What is it about procrastination?? I know what it is...the things that are coming in now are gross and detailed and no one wants to deal with them, even the clients themselves! :-) It will nice two weeks from now to sit here and know it's all done for another year.

As negative as the above may sound, I really am at a good place. I am just thankful to have a job that is stable and pretty secure....I hope!

I am happy to report that I got my info packet on Monday about that sweet little Kate Aban from my previous post and couldn't be more thrilled or encouraged to know that sharing my blessings will be helping her as well. I am not usually one to toot my own horn, but it just puts a good feeling in my heart and new eyes in my heart and mind for the less fortunate. We really are SO blessed. Kate and Grace are both excited about all this as well, so it's fun to experience this with them too. In my info packet, there was another print of her of the one below, only bigger, so I could see her better. There was also info about the Compassion International organization and the cool thing was that there was stationery in there to help get started with letter writing.....a place for me to put a picture of myself, a place for my note, then a place for the translation of what I write...all in a cool tri-fold card. I need to sit down and get my note to her written this weekend. I keep wondering if she knows about any of this yet, if she's as excited about it as I am, and I keep looking at the map of Africa thinking, "Right THERE is some little girl that I am sponsoring!" So close and yet so far....How exciting is that? I hope and pray that I will say and do all the right things....join me in that, will you? I plan to be in it for the long haul.

That's about all for now....just work, Compassion International, and battling a sore throat, hoarseness and a run down body all the while having to push ahead...and counting down to April 15.

It's all about running the race, isn't it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful that you're sponsoring a child, and that Kate and Grace are excited about it also. It's going to make such a difference in that little girl's life. God bless you!

Justabeachkat said...

Our daughter is here visiting so my blog visiting time is limited, but I wanted to stop by and say "Hi".

Hugs!
Kat

Compassion dave said...

I too think it's wonderful you have chosen to sponsor a child. Actually, because I believe the Lord works in our hearts to do these 'things', it would probably be more appropriate to say that God has chosen you to sponsor a child!

God bless.

(*might you consider adding Jesus + Compassion to your blog roll)

Jean said...

I feel excited about it too, Dianne, I really do. God is blessing her and you!

Unknown said...

You sound very excited about this new venture. This is wonderful and I also hope you get some rest soon.

nancygrayce said...

Do I know what you mean about the busyness! My husband is a CPA and has a strict rule (that everyone ignores) about having your stuff to him by March 15 or it will get an extension. I don't see him a lot this time of year! :)

Maria said...

Diane, I hope you feel better soon. I understand your excitement that the 15th is approaching. My brother owns his own tax business and is so overwhelmed and tired. I used to be a CPA and remember those times. Hang in there!

I think it is wonderful you are sponsoring this young lady. What a blessing you will be to her!