Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, April 20, 2008

All was well....until....:-)

I had such high plans for these days off, but have done very VERY little of what I imagined....still, it's been nice.

An update on the cats....

The little one has finally decided that I'm nothing to be scared of and rarely hisses anymore. Good thing...progress! So I've let her out of the carrier some to walk around and play and have given her some toys that Grace wanted to get at Target the other night...still, success! She LOVES playing with the little stuffed lobster and some balls that were in the package. If you've never seen a kitten play, you have really missed something. They are hilarious! After I got home from church tonight, she was meowing at the top of her lungs, so I played with her some and decided it was time to introduce her to Sweet Kitty a/k/a Sugar. It went surprisingly well. They sniffed each other, my cat licked the little one a few times in a motherly kind of way, neither one too awfully tense....

UNTIL....

the baby figured out that my cat might be a mama and started looking for somwhere to nurse! Needless to say, hissing ensued and the 'meet and greet' was over! :-)

Right now, my cat is outside laying in the bushes, watching the cars go by and wondering what has happened to her simple, 'you 'n me' life. I feel like a mom stuck between two children! :-)

3 comments:

Tonja said...

Oh, my friend, what have you gotten your self into? A wild cat, no less? You be careful or you'll be the one getting shots! Don't you just hate to think of them so afraid of people, though? Poor baby.

Jean said...

They'll adjust after a while. It takes human siblings a long time too. I remember when we had a cat that disappeared. About a week later someone gave us one that looked almost like the one we lost. We soon fell in love with it. And THEN, after about three or four weeks, our original one suddenly returned! So we had two, each of them familiar with our house, but not with each other. I so remember watching them, one on one end of the couch, the other on the other end, and they just sat and glared at each other like they were thinking, "What do you think you're doing on MY couch?"

Justabeachkat said...

Cute kitten! Have you named him/her yet?

Hugs!
Kat