Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

This 'n that....

As you might have expected, guess who has a new home:

She has been at my house what will be 2 weeks tomorrow, and I'm hooked! She and Sweet Kitty are learning to co-exist, but I still feel like I'm trying to keep them both happy and non-jealous of the other! :-) The little one just wants to play and the big one will only 'entertain' her in spurts. They are running and deciding whether to like each other or not as I type this. I know they are only cats, but it's an adjustment! It IS fun to watch though.

It's been a while since I've posted, but it's been a busy week....my mom got here last Wednesday and left Monday morning. She stayed 3 nights here and two with my sister and her family. Doc's memorial service was Saturday and went very well. Since I missed out on ALL the decorating genes in my family, my mom did some decorating while she was here and I'm very pleased with what she did. Several of the things she hung, I already had here, but just didn't know what to do with them. She also bought a few things, including a picture hanging in my kitchen which I love. Now I just need to get going on painting, then I may post a picture or two. It was a good visit.

On another note, I felt like scum last Thursday night when I went through my mail because I had a letter from the little girl I'm sponsoring through Compassion International. It was the first letter I've received and I was thrilled, but I felt bad because I hadn't written her yet or even returned the initial contact info I received to fill out and send back. It was something I didn't want to rush through and with time so pushed and limited during tax season, it was easy to put off. I am ashamed of that though! Needless to say, that moved to the TOP of my list! The initial packet is gone now, I mailed it this week, so now I need to sit down and write more. I've been very pleased with what I've experienced so far with Compassion International and the letter I got was just precious. They are studying David and Goliath at her church and she loves that story 'very well.' She evidently has 3 siblings, two sisters and a brother, and a best friend 'called Esther.' The letter was precious...she ended by saying, 'God bless you so much. I am happy', then I turned it over on the back and she'd drawn this sweet picture:


It is humbling, then and now, to know that a child in Africa drew me this picture and sent me a thanks for a sponsorship of $32 per month. It's SUCH a small price to pay and it's amazing to me that it can make such a difference. I am eager to get to know her.

As of today, work will slow down a bit. Tax season is over, first quarter payroll reports are done....it's amazing how life feels 'new' this time every year. I love it!

PS...my friend Jennifer has a fabulous post about a program at our church on Sunday night. She's right...it was WONDERFUL...go read about it HERE.

9 comments:

Jean said...

So good to hear from you, Dianne. That really is precious getting a letter and that picture from your little girl in Africa!

Your new kitty is ADORABLE!!

My new lease on life comes in about three weeks!

Chris Giovagnoni said...

Have you had a chance to visit the Compassion blog yet? http://blog.compassion.com

Tonja said...

I'm glad you were able to have a nice visit with your Mom. And getting things decorated always is a pick-me-up!
I figured that kitty was going to have a home with you. Fell in love, huh?
Sweet pic from Africa. She sounds precious!
Glad things have slowed down at work. That always makes life easier!
Have a good weekend!

Jennifer said...

That picture brought a tear to my eye....that is so precious! What a blessing you two will be to each other.

Unknown said...

Hi Dianne,

Been catching up with your blog. Things do tend to get get crazy busy this time of year. Love your new kitty, she so sweet. And I love the drawing from your little girlfriend in Africa. Take care and I'll try not to be such a stranger.

Justabeachkat said...

Haven't heard from you in awhile, but knew this was a busy time for you. I'm glad it's calming down.

I just knew that kitten would win your heart and you wouldn't be able to give it up. Such a sweetie pie!

Cute drawing from Africa and how special is that to get a letter from her.

Hugs!
Kat

Jess said...

I knew you'd end up keeping that sweet baby!!! :)
Glad to hear they're at least trying to get along amicably... more than I cay say for my pair!

~Jess

Deedra said...

I always love getting letters from the little girl we sponsor! They are humbling to say the least!

The kitty is adorable! I'm glad they are learning to get along!

In His Grip said...

Dianne,
Don't be too hard on yourself about getting the letter off.
Prayers never need a stamp and they always arrive on time!