Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Perhaps I was wrong....

Well, after I did that last post about needing reading glasses, I was doing a Sudoku puzzle later that night after I'd taken out my contacts and could see as clear as day, so now I am wondering if I misspoke or if may only need them when I'm wearing contacts. Weird stuff. We had a Sunday school social tonight and my friend that I was sitting by was using her reading classes to look at the menu. We started talking about my latest dilemma about all this and she said she was the way I described....she could see perfect up close without her contacts, but if she had them in, she needed the reading glasses. YEA! Maybe things aren't so weird after all.....but I DO know that an eye doctor visit will be happening soon.....

On to better things....

About 90% of the time, I listen to CD's in the car while I'm driving, but Sunday night on the way home from church and dinner with friends, I had the radio on and heard this super cool song. I didn't catch who was singing, so I came home and scoured the internet to find out.....then I went to iTunes to get it for my ipod. I've been trying to find the lyrics online for about 30 minutes, but can't come up with them. The song is by Andrew Carlton and is called, 'Hold Me Up.' There are a few places that I could find links to snippets, but nothing with lyrics or the full song. I'm going to keep trying to find one or the other. In the meantime, if you have access to iTunes or an ipod, this is a GREAT song....energetic, fun, and great words! Let me know if you know it or decide to download it. I am always THRILLED to find new good songs and artists. He may not be a 'new' artist, but he is 'new to me,' so that makes him 'new,' doesn't it?? :-)

And of course, now the next leading question.....what are some of YOUR favorites that I can maybe get on iTunes? I'm all gung-ho to find some good new ones now! Come on.....we're all one big happy family, aren't we? :-) Let's share our faves! :-)

5 comments:

Jess said...

Don't you just LOVE that song!?!? I hear those lyrics and think: how did he read my mind??
OH my gosh! Where would I even start with my favorites on my IPod?
Some of my more favorite faves though lately:

Jesus Paid it All - Kristian Stanfill
Sweetly Broken - Jeremy Riddle
Lay it Down - Jaci Valesquez
Come thou Fount of every Blessing
The Solid Rock - Charlie Hall
Love Song from a Savior - Third Day
From the Inside Out - Kristian Stanfill
and the more recent faves:
God With Us - Mercy Me
How You Live (Turn up the Music) - Point of Grace

(and those are just a select few from my IPod to Yours!) :)

~jessica

Jean said...

Hey, about the reading glasses and contacts - the reason it's harder to read fine print with your contacts in is because the contacts correct your near-sightedness, thus making things smaller.

Because I have such extremely near-sighted eyes, I wear contacts that aren't quite powerful enough, thus enabling me to read most things without reading glasses. But then I do have "driving glasses" which add to the strength of my contacts for distance situations like driving, concerts, etc. At some point I will probably have to swallow my pride and wear glasses all the time in addition to my contacts. Boo hoo. I wore coke bottle glasses for so many years, and when I finally got contacts I felt like a new person.

Justabeachkat said...

I have mono vision contacts...one for distance and one for close up. That works for me. After I take them out, I wear my reading glasses.

I'm loving Michale Buble'.

Hugs!
Kat

Jill said...

Just checking in to say "hi". I am terrible at being "in the groove" with new music, so don't have any songs to recommend, but I'll check out what the other commenters recommend.

Unknown said...

Point of Grace new cd is playing in my car non stop these days. The last song on the cd is just so awesome. I have mono vision contacts and they took a little getting used too but I can see everything now except when I get really tired.