Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, February 17, 2008

The weekly roundup... :-)

So I guess, as Jean said as a comment my last post, I guess I am down to only weekly posts now, huh? I'll not go on and on because I know you all realize what the bulk of my life is right now, but here's this past week in a nutshell:

Monday -- February 11 -- Happy Birthday to me! 46 years old this year....WOW! Every year, I wonder where the time has gone but never come up with any answers... :-) For whatever reason there is, I always tend to have great birthdays....several cards, lots of e-mails, a few presents here and there....I was supposed to go to my sister's for dinner that night, but she called and said Grace had come home from school early with a 102 temperature....needless to say, we waited! :-) I went to dinner with some other friends, got home about 8:00, called my mom and enjoyed the rest of the evening by myself.

Tuesday -- Nothing special...work....then to a Premier Jewelry party that night. Got home about 9:30....just in time to get a bath and go to bed!

Wednesday -- Work, children's choir then adult choir practice. Wednesdays are full days, but I know they are for many of us, it just seems to be much more hurried during tax season. We are practicing some GREAT songs in choir for Easter and others just to do in the next few months.....it is a real worship time during many of those songs and a great pick-me-up for the middle of the week.

Thursday -- work, then to my sister's for a belated birthday dinner. Of course, this was Valentine's Day too, so I had a quick run by Target that I needed to make to get Grace something. I always give those sweet girls something for Valentine's Day, or any occasion I can squeak a present in without their mom not saying anything (!!). I already had a book and a cup that I was going to give to Kate, but I was at a loss for Grace....Guess what she got....an issue of Tiger Beat Magazine, a 3 pack of gum and a Valentine's cup from Target. That child LOVES Tiger Beat magazine....which I loved when I was her age too....no wonder I could just eat her up! Anyway, the birthday dinner at my sister's was great. She fixed some shrimp recipe that she got out of a Pampered Chef book.....Very good. Kate and Grace each made me cards....I'm all about the homemade stuff, they are real treasures. Then my sister was extra thoughtful this year...3 gifts that I love. I'll post pictures of two of them once they get hung up, then she gave me a $25 iTunes card. Plus she and Grace made me a cake that afternoon. That really was one of the most thoughtful birthdays with family that I've ever had and I was sure to thank my sister for it when I left. Sometimes being single, you don't always get the special times and special thoughtfulnesses that others get to experience with their family, but this year was different for some reason. It was nice.

Friday -- It seems like I went shopping somewhere after work, but I can't remember! Isn't that bad? Seems like I either went somewhere or thought about somewhere I needed to go then thought I'd wait until after I got off work on Saturday....that's how my brain in sometimes...I just can't remember!

Saturday -- I set my alarm for 5:30 so I could get on up and go in to work so I wouldn't have to stay there all afternoon. We are required to get in 5.5 hours on Saturday, so I got to work about 6:30 and got to leave around noon. That was nice. Shopped at Kohl's some....intended to go a couple of other places but decided I was tired, so I came home and worked around here...putting Christmas stuff back in the attic, cleaning ceiling fans, etc.....then napping.

Sunday -- Church this morning, lunch with friends, home for a couple of hours, back to church for ensemble practice, then church tonight. We have a great interim preacher right now and I am really enjoying his style and hearing what he has to say. He's had some fabulous points and things that have made me think already and he's only been here two weeks! I am thankful to be a part of such a great church.....it really makes me look forward to Sundays.

And now I am sitting here typing my weekly post with my cat curled up beside me.

A rich life. Many blessings. God is good.

9 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

That was fun to read. But come on...not weekly. You can write more often. Please.

Hope your weekend was wonderful.
Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very nice week for you. Especially the birthday/Valentine's Day dinner with your sister and those lovely girls!

Jean said...

That was fun to hear about your week. I'm so glad your sister made sure your birthday celebration was special.

How neat that you have such a good interim pastor. Any chance he'll become more than interim?

I'm still thinking how cool that is that your big church in Atlanta and my little church in PA sang the same song yesterday morning!

And believe me, when I made the joke about it being time for your weekly post, I did not mean that's all I enjoy hearing from you. I just looked at the dates of your previous posts and saw they were about a week apart! Do CPA's get Presidents Day off? Probably not, I guess.

Jill said...

Great hearing from you...busy, busy you are. Glad your birthday was good.

Jess said...

Yay! It's so good to hear from you again! Seems like longer than a week?? Oh, well. We'll let you slide since it was your busy birthday week! Happy be-lated!! Glad you had a good one.
I think we live parallel lives at times. :) (Though I'm not quite as busy as you!)
Glad you're doing well.

~jessica

Tonja said...

No..a week apart is tooooo long! We MUST hear from you more often. Come on, you can do it! Seriously, I know you are so busy, but I miss hearing frm you! Hope this is a better week!

Jennifer said...

What a great week! Happy Belated Birthday, by the way.

And I am really enjoying your group on Sunday evenings. You are very much a blessing.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birhtday Dianne! You sound like you had a wonderful birthday week!

Profbaugh said...

I can so relate to you Diane!! I've been posting weekly lately and NOT even as comprehensive as you!

Happy Belated Birthday. Welcome to 46!! It's a pretty good age, if I do say so myself. I guess we'll share that age until my birthday in June.

~Cheryl