Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Friday, February 01, 2008

Catching up...again.

I can hardly believe it's been another week. Good gravy.....life is passing by so fast. I am glad to report that January is over, W-2's and 1099's are out for the most part....the ones we had info for anyway....and we're moving on to corporate returns and property tax reports. HA! There is always a deadline.

Personally, I am happy to report that I got my car back this week and they did a fabulous job on the door. I could not be more pleased. I did discover last night that that alarm system on it isn't working, so I stopped by there this afternoon on the way home to see if they could reconnect that and they were gone for the day, so I will make that a goal for Monday. I'm sure it's something they had to disconnect in order to replace the door, so hopefully it will be something easy to fix. It was so funny getting back in my car after driving that Jeep for a week though. I was weaving all over the road, stomping on the brake and not pressing the gas pedal hard enough....and that is RARE for me! I was laughing at myself the way I kept stomping on the brake. It's funny how easy it is to get adjusted to driving another vehicle. I did decide that the Jeep was too high for me though. If I ever had one of those, it would have to have a running board to step on to get in or something. I found myself using the steering wheel to pull myself into it and I could see that side and back problems would be looming if I'd had it much longer. I still want an SUV....actually, if you can believe it, my dream vehicle, if I could pick anything I want, would be a Honda CRV. HA! Not really the plush, high dollar thing many people would pick, I just like them and when I see them on the road, they always get my attention. Maybe someday!

I am curious if anyone has done the Beth Moore 90 day study on David. I got it for Christmas from a friend who has been hugely influential in my life spiritually, morally and in every other way since I was about 10 years old. I had seen this study, but hadn't purchased it, so I was thrilled when I opened it and saw what it was. My dad's wife also gave me the Beth Moore 90 day study on Jesus, so I can't wait to get into that one as well. I am only a few days into this one on David and I can already tell it's going to be fabulous. God is good to give us people like Beth Moore and others like her who can give us avenues and studies to feed our spiritual hunger at times. If you've done this one, or the one on Jesus, let me know....I'm eager to know your thoughts.

Not much else has been going on really, just work, church, my car and all the normal life stuff right now, but I would be totally remiss if I didn't pass on a word of thanks to Tonja who gave me the following award last Friday:

I don't know what to say because I am the first to admit that I am not always as kind as I need to be, but I can say that try to stay conscious of it whether I succeed or not. Many times all it takes is a kind word or a little thoughtfulness to make someone's day and that's what I try to keep in check. I appreciate you thinking of me Tonja and I can honestly say that YOU have been one of my best gifts from this blogging experience. Thank you for just being YOU.

Tonja added a quote she likes to hers and I thought that was a good idea, a nice touch....so here's mine to go along with it.....a very sobering thought to me.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I hope you've had a great week....I'm off to check in on my blogger buddies! :-)


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the very well deserved award!

I'm glad you got your car back. We have a Jeep too (Dom's car) and I had to drive it last night. I don't know how he handles that car! It was all over the place. Of course, it's pretty old (1996) and probably needs work, but I'd much rather drive my little Prius.

Jean said...

Yes, Dianne, you do deserve the award. I'm so glad our paths crossed a year ago.

You would want a running board on your SUV. We have running boards on our Explorer, and it makes it so much easier to get in and out.

Have a great weekend.

Tonja said...

Hey girl,
I have a Honda Pilot and I love it! I don't think you can ever go wrong with a Honda. My lease is up soon and I am going to get another one. I feel better sitting up higher.

Have a good week!

Jennifer said...

Hey sis....I have running boards on my Envoy...and I don't know what I'd do without them. I must say, though...you would look real cute in a CRV. I like the Chevy Equinox's too and the Buick Enclave.

Now to your question....Yes, I have Beth Moore's 90 day study on David. It's very good. I just wish I could sit down EVERY SINGLE DAY and work through it. (Ok, there a confession for everyone's eyes) My MIL got the one on Jesus for Christmas, so I may need to go grab me one.

Hey...maybe we could do it 'together' and share and learn from each other?!?!?

Jess said...

I haven't gotten around to either or those studies of Beth's yet. Did Daniel last fall/winter (which was amazing!) and now am doing Breaking Free (which is, of course, also amazing, but much more life applicable). I just know you'll be blessed by the 90-day study of hers.

~jessica

Profbaugh said...

Hey Diane,

Congrats on the award. And yes, I totally agree you deserve it. It so funny, how we see ourselves as opposed to how others see us. Don't you think?? I know for me, you're always kind, smart, and funny. I enjoy stopping in to read your blog. Oh, I too have the David study. . haven't done it yet, but I do have it. Looks pretty good, don't you think?

~Cheryl

Jill said...

Hi Dianne- Glad you got your car back - what an ordeal, huh? And, I am sure you're glad it's finally February! Take care.

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there! Congrats on the award...it's one you truly deserve!

Hugs!
Kat

Unknown said...

Congrats on your award Dianne! You must be short like me with dealing with the SUV. And I have never done that Beth Moore book but I am reading her book called Get out of that pit right now. I'm kind of taking the slow approach to it, reading a chapter a week. LOL But it is good. Hope you are doing well.

Deedra said...

Congratulations on the award! You are very deserving of it! I love the GMC Acadias. My brother has one and it's just the perfect size! Not too big, not too little! But Tonja's right, you can never go wrong with a Honda!