Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Conviction and Grace...(the gift and the person)

As I mentioned earlier in the week, I have been listening to the radio lately instead of the CD's I usually play while driving. The other day I heard this incredibly convicting song by Monk and Neagle, "The Twenty-First Time." I know some of you have heard it before because I know some of you got their CD in a giveaway they did last year, but the video is below. As busy as I've been, I am the first (and ashamed) to admit that I am sure I have let opportunies pass by that I could have maybe made a difference in someone's day, not only once, but repeatedly, and this song really spoke to me about that. It made me wonder how many people I may pass in a week's time where I may have overlooked a need or not said or done something that could have made a difference. I need things like this to pop me upside the head every now and then so that I don't become complacent and take my blessings for granted, but I also want to be on the lookout for opportunities to minister to others, even if it is only in a small way. Small to me may be large to someone else!



See what I mean?

On another note, Grace is playing soccer now. They've had 3 practices and had their first game today at 12:30. I got up at 5:30 this morning and went in to work so I could get my hours in and leave so I could go to her game. Luckily, she only has 2 at that I can't attend before tax season is over because they are at 9:30, but you can bet I'll be at all the games that I can! They did a great job today, and I was a proud aunt! Here's the e-mail from my sister, Grace's mom:

Grace had her first game today at 12:30. She was in for the entire game...loved every minute of it and decided it is the funnest thing she has ever done. After the game, she said she couldn't feel her legs!!! (but she was happy about that too!)

And here are a few pictures:
(My sister's battery died after taking these three, but more will follow later in the season...I'll be sure of that!)




It is AMAZING to me how much she's like I was at that age....she'll be 9 on April 13. She a girly girl (much moreso than I was though), a tomboy, is always saying or doing something funny and is always on the lookout to do something helpful for someone. She also loves to read Tiger Beat Magazine and know what's going on with all her favorite 'stars.' It's fun to see life through a child's eyes, isn't it?

5 comments:

Tonja said...

I think we are all guilty of this, Dianne. We see what we choose to see with our limited vision...it is only when we look with God's eyes that we see the ones who need us so much.

Won't it be fun going to the games and watching her grow as an athlete? You are such a dedicated aunt!

Maria said...

Great post! I am going to write a few cards of encouragement and thanks to different co-workers today. I'll pass them out tomorrow.

Jean said...

I never heard the song before. Because of my deep involvement with our foster children and their families I feel like I know all the people mentioned in that song, many times over. The needs are HUGE and complicated.

I just love that last picture of Grace. Those games will be a blast!

Justabeachkat said...

I'm one of the lucky ones to get their CD early! The whole CD is incredible. I didn't realize this was on a video. It's such a wonderful message...I might post it soon on my blog too.

Seeing Grace playing soccer brought back lots of memories of when our son played. So many good times. Grace is growing up.

Hugs sweet friend!
Kat

Deedra said...

I love them! Their music is incredible! I agree with Tonja, we are all so guilty of this from time to time. Thanks for the reminder Dianne!

I love going to watch my niece and nephews play sports! I was crazy about playing when I was a kid, and now I'm crazy about watching them. I snap pics the whole time....between cheering them on that is!!