Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, March 15, 2008

A new look

Well, I decided it was about time that I joined the ranks of those of you who have so masterfully changed, upgraded and perfected your blogs, so this is my first shot at that change. I am one that generally will not do anything until I have semi-figured out the outcome, so I created a test blog to play around with until I figured out what was going on with the new layout and format. I have thought and thought this change to death, believe me! If I'd known how easy it was to upgrade though, I would have done it long before now....I was just afraid of losing posts, losing links, etc, but my hat is off to whoever knows web design because it couldn't have been any smoother. I had a brown background earlier but wasn't totally thrilled with the shade, so after trying a few others, black is it for now. Black IS always a complementary color, isn't it??? Hopefully that's as true in blogland as it is supposed to be in wardrobe! :-)

I'm sure there will be more changes and everything else to come as I experiment and think things through a bit more, but for now, I'm happy with the look, warranted or not, feel a great sense of accomplishment! :-)

UPDATE: To anyone who may be seeing this for the first time, I realize this background isn't black now...I am experimenting, so there is no telling what I am saying that may change....all in the name of progress. I just didn't want anyone thinking I am color-blind or don't know my colors! :-)

15 comments:

Profbaugh said...

You go girl!! I LOVE it!!

~Cheryl

Jean said...

Great job, Dianne! I love it too! Black background does look good. I never thought of trying that. I too was surprised when i realized how easy it was. I tried it out on a test blog first as well.

Anonymous said...

I like the change, Dianne. It's easy to change templates. I have a test blog too that I use when I make any changes.

Did you get hit with any of the bad storms yesterday? We had 2 tornadoes pass near us - one about 1/2 west and one about 1/2 mile east. We were lucky!

Maria said...

I like it! Very different from your other look but nice too.

Jess said...

Dianne~

I am so much like you!! I've put off changing mine for the very same reasons as you. So, I just finally figured out how to add an image of my own in my title part and settled on that change for now! (Small steps...) But, now you've got me itching to do more. :)

I like the black. But, if you do ever get the urge to do more, I had noticed the cute design of a sweet girl named Kenzie over at http://thestanfieldjourney.blogspot.com/ and she actually got hers from another sweet girl who does blog stylizing as a fundraiser - for a mission trip to the Dominican Republic! How cool is that? And very inexpensive. I had actually considered working with her, but haven't yet. Remember... I'm not only the Queen of 'no change' but reigning Queen of Procrastination. :)

Anyway, if you'd like, here's her website to give you a feel for what she does and is all about.

http://madebynikki.blogspot.com/2007/11/welcome.html

Deedra said...

I love the change! I absolutely LOVE the picture of Grace in the header! Great job!

Deedra said...

p.s....I hope the storms this weekend didn't do any damage over your way. I know your pretty close to Atlanta, right?

Jean said...

That picture!!!!! I just want to pick her right out of there and give her big old hug!!

In His Grip said...

my favorite color is chocolate brown...it always makes my mouth water!

Lisa J

Anonymous said...

Love the new color but LOVE LOVE LOVE the new pic of Grace...I have always thought she was such a cutie patootie but she is sporting in those specs......put a BIG OL smile on my face when she popped up!!

Tracey said...

love the new look and the picture of Grace is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Jill said...

I like it. I've been thinking about a new look myself.

Tonja said...

I think it is terrific. As I was reading I thought maybe you could not tell black from brown!!:)
That pic is priceless! She is adorable!
Well, I have not tried doing the changes. I birthed boys to take care of technical things for me! And they don't seem to mind too much...if I catch hem at a good time!
Is it getting springtime there yet? Today has been just beautiful here! I love it!
Hope you have a delightful week!

Anonymous said...

I just looked today and see that black turned to brown. I LOVE the picture of Grace! Perfect picture for this blog.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.