Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Finally.

Well, I'm not going to post about all this forever, but I am finally back among the land of the living. I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Wednesday! After 31 days, that surprises even me! :-)

I am finally beginning to get over whatever this is that I have had for two weeks. I was somewhat better on Friday and really thought things were on the upswing, but yesterday I woke up with a headache and sinus stuff again that just hung on all day. I also woke with a headache this morning, but after a sweet morning at church, it went away for the most part and only hurts when I cough. Hopefully it's really on the way out. I've had sinus issues before, but this has by far been the worst....two weeks! I also got a doctor recommendation from a friend on Friday when I was at the church (you know who you are, my secret reader friend (!!), and thank you!), so I went online yesterday and figured out how to change my PCP. I spoke with another friend who also uses this doctor and she highly recommended him as well, so I decided to go with him. I'll need to follow up with a phone call tomorrow to be sure all that went through, then my doctor issues should be over for a while. I am thankful.

I haven't mentioned this, but our pastor announced last Sunday night that he's leaving at the end of the month for another church, so we are going to be in a state of transition for a while until we get someone else. I really like our pastor A LOT and hate like everything that he's leaving, but I am also eager to see what God has in store for us. I hate to use the word 'but' in a sentence because I've always heard that saying that negates what was just said prior to the 'but.' While that may be true in some instances, that is not how it is intended here. I would have been happy to have him remain our pastor forever, yet since he feels God is leading him somewhere else, we have to accept that and with that acceptance comes an eagerness to see who God will bring us next. We have great leadership and a great staff and I am sure things will be fine, it's just going to be a period of transition for us. Today he preached about 'Responding to God's Will,' and tonight about the passage from John 15 about the vine and the branches. I really am going to miss his preaching...he's just awesome.

With all that said, there's not much more from here for now I suppose. Thanks for all the well-wishes these last couple of weeks. I'm finally on the upswing and that alone is enough to make me very thankful tonight!

7 comments:

Jean said...

You are a pastor's dream parishioner! I love your attitude about his leaving.

Nice to hear from you again, and I do hope you'll feel much better this week.

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I felt pretty good most of the weekend, just some congestion, but tonight I feel like my cold might be trying to flare back up. My throat is hurting again. So frustrating.

I echo Jean's thoughts about your attitude. It's unsettling when there's changes, but it is exciting to see what God has planned.

Hugs!
Kat

Tonja said...

Glad you are on the mend. That crud takes a toll, doesn't it?

Last year, our church lost a minister of education, then a few months later a pastor, and then in another few months, a minister of music. The only one left was our minister to youth. The church really pulled together, people went out of their way to pick up the slack...and we never missed a beat. It was evident that God was preparing us for something great. We now have a pastor...he's wonderful and just yesterday our new minister of music started. But, the minister to youth resigned...but we're glad, because he is going to seminary and he has wanted to for a long while. Your church will do fine.

Unknown said...

Hi dianne,


So glad you are feeling better. One bad sicky thing and it really messes with what we want to do. Good luck with the changes in your church.

Jill said...

Glad you're finally feeling better. It seems like that sinus stuff can take forever to go away. Hope your week is off to a good start.

Jess said...

I'm glad you're getting to feeling better, Dianne. So sorry to hear you will be losing the pastor you really cherish though. But, I've heard it said that God never takes away anything (or anyone, in this case) from His children unless He plans to give them something better.
Good luck with the changes!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are better!