Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, November 17, 2007

7 random facts.

These kinds of posts are hard for me, but I was tagged the other day by Cheryl to post 7 random facts about myself. I've been trying to think about this and what might be of interest. I am having a hard time coming up with anything....but here are the rules:

Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random/weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, include links to their blogs. Let each person know by leaving a comment on their blog.

So here goes:

1. I can play the trumpet.

2. Bad grammar in writing and in speech drives me NUTS.

3. I don't care what movie I am watching, I ALWAYS fall asleep....even at a theatre! :-)

4. I've only had two jobs in my whole life. I worked at Chick-Fil-A in our local mall as a teenager and into my college years, then left there for my current job.

5. I failed the test for my learner's license AND my driver's license the first time I took them! :-)

6. I never put up a Christmas tree or decorate for Christmas. I may sit out a few snowmen since I collect them (!!), but that's about the extent of my Christmas decorations! (Should I admit that??)

7. I hate housework....but I do LOVE the feeling of accomplishment when I am motivated to get it done!

I am choosing not to tag anyone, but if you read this and want to play along, please do, just let me know so I can read yours too!

13 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

No tree! Come on...put one up this year. You'll love it! I love to just sit and look at it at night with a cup of something hot and some Christmas music playing. It just makes me feel good.

Hugs!
Kat

Jill said...

Yeah! Another snowman collector!

Unknown said...

I liked your 7! I love Chick fil a. Can you even eat it anymore after working there? And I also hate housework and as I get older I hate it even more but the problem is I love having a neat and clean house. Have a great Thanksgiving week!

Amy said...

I know I have bad grammar so I will apologize in advance! And I fall asleep too! Even in the theatres. And I sleep pretty well!

Where will you be spending Thanksgiving? I only have one brother and we are going to his place. And I called his wife to see what she wanted me to bring and she said nothing because she wants to do it all! I said COOL, I'll be there!

Hope you have a wonderful week Dianne!

Being Transformed said...

You are so funny, I feel like a failure in that you do not decorate for Christmas. I should hope that I have been a better influence on you. You need to take you nieces to Hobby Lobby and pick out a small potted tree and decorate with a kitty cat theme or something you love. I promise it will make you happy and it can be fun. Just think, it could be a tradition that you start with your nieces. Food for thought, but I am an extremist with 9 to 12 trees each year. My oldest has taken her tree back to Athens so I will be short one this year, but then again I have the tree from the luncheon to add to my list. Let me know if you take the challenge!
Leanne

Tracey said...

I loved your list!

You know from coming here, that I'm with Leanne...I'm an extremest too!!! I put up 5 trees cause I just love doing different themes and I love Christmas!

I agree with Kat...put one up! You'll be so glad you did! It's not about who else might enjoy it, it's about YOU enjoying it!!!

Snowman collector too! You've given me a few and I just love 'em!

Hey...we need to talk about possible plans to attend B Club. I really hope we can get together when we come in town for Thanksgiving...game night anyone?! That was fun...even in the midst of a rough day!

Love ya!
Tracey

Jean said...

I agree, just get a little one - even a fiber optic one. There's something so peaceful about a dark room with a twinkling tree and Christmas music and the smell of candles. I loved your list.

And I feel like crying that I will miss the B Club. I've even considered flying down Saturday morning and flying back yet that night, but everyone else would be shopping in the few hours I'd be there. And I can't justify spending the money on that right now. Boo-hoo.

Anonymous said...

I love these! I almost failed my drivers test.

Profbaugh said...

Loved your list!!! You play the trumpet. How cool is that? Of course, I'm a marching band geek, so you know I LOVE that random fact.

And as far as the Christmas tree,I think you should do what you want. Snowmen are one of my favorites!! Hey, maybe you could get one with a tree (tee hee).

From one housework-hating woman to another,
~Cheryl

Jess said...

Well, I can certainly see how we relate to one another so well, after reading your '7'!
~Now, although I didn't play trumpet (my sis did) - I did play French Horn. That's close.
~Bad grammar drives me crazy as well!
~Now, loyal to a job... I can definitely contend with you on that one!
~I, too failed my driver's test the first time I took it.
~I can never decide whether to decorate or not at Christmas, and if I didn't work at a gift shop, I'm sure I wouldn't at all! I only put my tree up half the time. Too much work when it's just you to see it!
~And I always feel proud of myself when I FINALLY do my housework (when it can't wait any longer!!)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

In His Grip said...

Diane,
I love that you play the trumpet!
I started playing the cello 2 years ago and I had no idea how to read music! I am so hooked!
It is purest for of praise for me to offer to God.

In His Grip,
Lisa J

Cjdusse said...

I also fall asleep when I watch movies! It is the best sleeping pill for me ever! I also don't like decorating a christmas tree. So I leave it to my daughter.