Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Yardwork!


Yardwork. Man alive if that is one thing I have not spent much time on, nor had much interest in, in my life! This whole home ownership thing has been a huge learning curve for me, but I have to say that I have enjoyed it. I am posting this picture because those who have been to my house know that when I bought it, there were two ugly trees out front where that big bed with one tree is now (other plants will join that tree later). I had the yucky trees taken down about two months ago and got other trees and plants from my dad's tree farm. I had two trees taken down and between the front and back yards, had 7 put in! My sister has a horticulture degree, so she is the one that decided what needed to be done. Believe me, I had NO idea what to even say I wanted! Keeping all of it watered has been a job, but it think it is all finally starting to settle in, so I thought it was time to post a picture...besides the fact that I slaved away when I got home today getting my grass cut in hopes of that ever elusive rain that they are sort of promising for the weekend...or at least that is what I last heard. Good gosh it was hot and I was WAY tired by the time I got though with of it, but it looks crisp and maintained right now, so I knew I better be snapping! Unfortunately, it won't last long!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Love, love, love the house!!! Isn't it a great thing to be a homeowner?! It's good feeling! Hey...I know a good Realtor if you ever need one! Love ya! Thanks for your email! Will "holla back atcha" soon!

Tracey said...

oops...it's "a" good feeling!

Anonymous said...

I would hate to see a yard that relied on Beth Lawless to maintain! Your yard looks amazing! Beth

chrome dome said...

Man, what a great looking yard. I absolutely HATE yard work. Don't like it at all. Keep it up and hopefully the rain will help soon.

Allycat said...

I love the way the yard looks when you get done working on it and you feel like you really accomplished something. Then you sleep so-o-o-o good! You just may not be able to remove yourself from the bed the next morning. ouch!

TOM said...

do you do house calls? or should I say yard calls? we will gladly let you come over and cut, trim or do any type of yard work you'd like... :)

Tracey said...

Di-dan...missing your blogs sista! Get to posting!

Julie said...

Hey - I am stuck in Pittsburgh - wahhhh - so I am blog reading while I wait. The good 'ole days of non-rev flying are over. But hey, I fly for free soooo...I will not whine.

Mom was just bragging on what an encourager you are!

I agree - you are a JOY to have as a friend!

Love you!!