Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Spreading Sunshine...

Okay, so I spent a day not doing much more than getting this blog set up and figuring out how to upload pictures, talking on the phone, watching almost week’s worth of Days of Our Lives (don’t tell anyone!), and taking a nap, but I did go to Wal-Mart tonight for a few essentials. So as I’m standing in line to pay for my stuff and start to unload it from my cart, the lady in front of me turns around and starts looking my stuff over. I smile at her, wonder what she’s thinking about these items that are soon to be mine, and believe she’s just looking around waiting for her turn to pay, but then she says, “Wow….the big thing of orange juice!” I just said, “Yeah….” Then she says, “I can’t drink that anymore, it gives me heartburn too bad these days…” So I just smiled at her….I didn’t really know what to say, I don’t guess. Just stood there….looking and smiling…..smiling and looking. You know me. I mean, what do you say besides, "Ohhh"? Luckily it was her turn to pay soon after that, so she moved on and proceeded to tell the cashier that she and her friend were on their way to see their boss and they thought it would be nice to take his wife some flowers…..It just struck me funny….then she and her friend bounded out of the store on to their next mission…

Some people reach out to others no matter where they are.....Maybe I should take some lessons.....Who knows what I may be missing!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

First of all, Wal-Mart on a Saturday? You're brave! Your post made me laugh and think of my sister...she would have asked that girl if she could help her with something! Don't ya just love the South?! Everyone talks to everyone!!!

Jennifer said...

Hey Dianne,

I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Glad the blogging bug bit you. ;-)