Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sweet Kitty!



Since Tracey got busy posting pictures of her cats, I decided I needed to weigh in on the debate too, so, not one to be left out, here is mine....

Now THIS is one sweet kitty........literally! Actually, I am ashamed to say that 'Sweet Kitty' is her name since I was unable to think of one that I liked well enough to use....I found myself, when I would talk to her, saying 'Hey Sweet Kitty...' and never thinking beyond that, so it just sort of stuck. These days, she answers to 'Sweet Kitty,' 'Sugar,' or 'You dumb cat!'.....whichever one seems more applicable at the time.....It is probably about even on all counts! Actually, she came from a litter my sister had at her house and when I got her, I got another one as well. I got them back in 2001, I believe, and they were inside cats for a while, but after about 4 or 5 months of that, it was time to hit the big outdoors! Unfortunately, this is when I lived across the street from the church...I rounded the corner by the Worship Center on my way home one day and saw the other one had gotten hit, so hence, that left me a single cat owner, both literally and figuratively. She is sweet though and this picture was taken back in January. I was getting ready for work and she perched herself right there in my sink and begged me to take her picture. She's not big on being photographed, so when she begs (or at least cooperates), I comply. As they say, 'Dogs have owners.....Cats have staff.' As lovable as they are, this is true! To Jennifer, I say, 'Go for it.' They are independent, but it is WAY worth it!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok...that picture is to die for. How cute!

And I'm sure we will go for it. Joe is a cat guy, so no worries there. Just gotta find the right personality for my crazy kids. Any suggestions?

Tracey said...

How cute! Sweet Kitty looks like my Sylvester, except he's not a long hair. I do think female cats are more gentle and probably better with kids, and mine is super cuddly, but the male cats are NOT! Hmmmm.... okay, I'll leave that one alone. Love the picture Dianne and you cracked me up with the names she answers to!

Dianne said...

Actually, yeah. You might try looking at Rescue Cats...there is a website and they have some at Petsmart. They had one the other day that I would have LOVED to have. They cost, but they already have their shots, tests for feline leukemia, etc., (but if they were free from someone who had a litter of them, you'd have to pay for the shots and everything, so it probably works out about the same). I know the website has all ages, so you can pick, and they tell if they are good with kids or not. Let me know what you decide. The Rescue Cats organization says you have to keep them inside, but I say, once you adopt, how will they know??? :-) Go for it!

Jennifer said...

Hey..I did see your response, I just didn't respond.

Thanks for the info. I will definitely look into it. My husband is more of a pure-breed person, even though I think it's dumb to spend a ton of money on an animal......but I may be way wrong in my thinking.

I was even thinking the Animal Shelter, but that may be too risky. Again, I may be wrong.

Julie said...

I am glad to actually SEE Sweet Kitty - she runs from me. I was not really sure what she looked like. ( :

JC

Dianne said...

Julie, don't flatter yourself....she runs from everyone...Even me sometimes! Finicky cat!