Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Count me in!

With several of my friends doing this now and knowing how much I have enjoyed reading their posts, I have been thinking about joining the ranks of the blogging world for days. I wasn't going to do it though until I had a screen name and a blog name I was happy with. My screen name comes from a nickname that I was given by a friend's child many years ago...he is well into his teens now, yet the name has somehow stuck, but that's okay because it's always nice to have a nickname that comes from special people and special times. The blog name is another story.....I have two nieces who I absolutely adore....Kate, who is 11, very soon to be 12, the other is 7. Her name is Grace. She knows the song isn't about her, but every time 'Amazing Grace' is sung in her presence, she blushes! haha. The theme of her third birthday party was 'Amazing Grace,' so that is probably where that thought started, but it is funny to watch her. At any rate, Grace had to get glasses a couple of weeks ago for reading and she was SO excited because her older sister wears glasses or contacts too. In thinking about this blogging experience and wanting to have a good name, somehow 'Glasses of Grace' just seemed like a good name because it is so easy to look around and see how many glasses we are given of God's grace every day....from the small miniscule provisions that we may not even think about to the huge things that can only be acts of God. So while I am new to this mode of communication, I am excited to have a new way to correspond with friends, near and far, and hopefully we can all share our 'Glasses of Grace' together!

12 comments:

Julie said...

Welcome! It is fun to keep up this way. I can just click and comment to my buddies. ( :

You are a blessing to have as a friend...one of God's special gifts!

JC

Tracey said...

Finally! I love your blog and can't wait to check back often to see what's on your mind. You always have just the right thing to say, good advice or something to make me laugh. You are a dear, dear friend, and yes, YOU DO have MY heart! Love and miss you tons!

chrome dome said...

Welcome fellow blogger! I'm glad someone else loves '70's music. Tracey just thinks I'm "old".

Dianne said...

You will never be old to me! Tell Tracey to move over! :-) I love you both and appreciate all your help lately....I really do!

Tracey said...

Excuse me?! Yeah, the link worked...now about your little breaker thing...Breaker Breaker 1-9...that is ira-ira-iratating!!! HA HA!

Dianne said...

Rest assured, you make me laugh out loud too! Oh my gosh....THAT WAS HYSTERICAL!

Tracey said...

LOVE the photo! Now get busy posting!

Dianne said...

You are pushy! :-)

chrome dome said...

It's one of my better traits! ;-) Hey, how come I can't leave a comment on your new post?

chrome dome said...

oops! This is Tracey that just left that last comment...I didn't realize that Gary had signed in under my name!!!

Tracey said...

yeah--I'm back now--pushy, huh? Thanks for the compliment! Wassup with your new post and why can't I leave a comment?

Dianne said...

I had something set wrong. Try again. It should work now. You crack me up. I can just hear your voice and laughs in all your posts!