Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, November 30, 2006

A new development


I'm a little freaked out right now. When I got home from church tonight, I had a subpoena waiting for me in my mailbox regarding the guy who broke into my car back in August. I've never been subpoenaed before and the thought of it all makes me a little nervous. I did get a letter a few weeks ago saying that the court date was coming up, but that it was not necessary that I be there unless I just absolutely wanted to. This matched what the police told me when they fingerprinted my car back in August. They told me then that they wanted to get my prints to compare back to the ones they lifted so they would have a 'sealed' case and I probably wouldn't hear any more about it. When I got the letter a few weeks ago, I was neither worried nor concerned because nothing was taken from me, no damage was done and I just thought justice would take its course, whatever that may be. I put it out of my mind.....until tonight. I don't know why it scares me, but it does. All I know is that they had to come get me out of the choir loft that morning and I have about 1,000 witnesses to that! I don't know what this guy looks like or anything about him. I figure something must have happened at the earlier court date to make them have to subpoena me, but I just don't know. I am going to call tomorrow and see what more I can find out.

Second, believe it or not, regarding my post earlier in the week about my doctor's office, believe it or not, those prescriptions STILL have not been called in! Thursday night. I was told Monday they would be called in that afternoon, but I gave them this week because last week was a short week due to the holiday and this week I have been too busy to go pick anything up, but there is no reason why this should have not been done before now. I am going in late to work tomorrow so I can go by the doctor's office, get these prescriptions in writing so I can drop them off myself, then I am going to have lunch with my sweet 7 year old niece, Grace. I hate when my weeks are so busy that I don't get to see her or her sister as much as I want to. I usually go down there one night during the week for dinner....my sister has always been nice enough to have me over at least once a week for dinner and to spend time with them. I miss it when that can't happen! They are getting older and more involved though, so I know things will change, but for tomorrow, I am just happy to get to have lunch with Grace, even if I have to move my own schedule around to do it. Besides, tax season will be here before I know it and I won't get to have lunch with her until April!

Life is good even if I don't understand it sometimes!

Does anybody know about subpoenas or have any idea why I may have gotten one at this stage of the game? I'd be curious to know if anyone else has had any experience with this stuff.....

No comments: