Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Happy Birthday, Chris!

My friend Gina's son, Chris, turned 14 this past week. I can hardly believe he’s already that old. It has been fun to watch him grow up, but I can’t believe how quickly time has flown. I went to dinner with them and some other people for his birthday and Gina e-mailed me a few pictures, so I am posting one from the other night below so that those who haven’t seen him in a while….mainly you two, Tracey and Joan....can see how tall and cute he is. The first picture though is one of my all-time favorites. When he was little, he used to LOVE dinosaurs….I mean eat, drink and breathe them, so we were reading a book about, of all things, dinosaurs. I love when he used to lay his head on my shoulder like that and let me read to him. He was such a snuggly kid. One morning on the way to school, he asked Gina if he could be anything he wanted to be when he got to heaven. She asked him why he was asking that and what he wanted to be in heaven. His answer, “A T-REX!!” We still laugh about how adorable that was. Besides becoming a great young man, he’s a fun, thoughtful, protective friend to me as well. I’m so proud of him! It’s hard to believe he’s already almost grown!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

W-O-W!! I cannot believe how much Chris has grown. He towers over you Dianne -- well most people do. Just teasing. He is quite a handsome young man. I know Gina is very proud of him. Such a sweet story also. luv ya Dianne!! Joan