Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, September 17, 2006

What a bunch of people!


WOW! We had a family reunion at my dad's today. HUGE crowd.....70 people were there....or at least that's where we lost count! Guess that's what you get when there are 15 kids in a family! I know this doesn't mean much to anyone but me, but I couldn't help but to blog about it. I tried to post a picture of the whole crowd, but it was nowhere near clear enough, so above is a picture of my dad (middle row on the right), four of his brothers and four of his sisters. Five uncles and one aunt are missing! MAN...what a lot of people! Maybe they'll be able to make it next year. Anyway, the oldest (front row on the right) is 71 and the youngest (front row on the left) is 46....a 25 year age span! What a grandma I had, huh? haha. And believe it or not, she was shorter than me...poor woman! She actually had 18 kids, but three died in infancy. In the middle of the front row is my grandmother's sister. Today is her birthday. I have no idea how old she is, but I absolutely love her to pieces. She is a treasure. We laugh until we can hardly breathe every time I am around her and we are soul-mates from the word go. It's nice to have people like that in your own family.

SO anyway, I am pooped, and even if I didn't know all the people there, it was a fun day!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

How fun! I love getting together with all my extended family. And your grandmother's sister looks like she would be a hoot! A little spitfire!