Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, September 02, 2006

A sweet girl turns 12


My oldest niece, Kate, turned 12 this past Wednesday and there was a birthday party for her today. These are pictures. They had a great time. This is, of course, a fun pyramid shot that they insisted on doing. I would have hated to have been on the bottom! Kate is the one in the middle row on the right hand side.







......Another friend shot. There are never enough of those! Kate is second from the right on the top row.








One sweet birthday girl...




This is Grace, the little sister, who got dog poop on her foot because she wasn't wearing shoes! After this, she decided shoes weren't such a bad idea after all!





This was a VERY fun party. They had a scavenger hunt. My sister had gone around town and taken pictures just enough that they had to try to figure out what it was a picture of...like the corner of the Best Buy sign, the top of a fire hydrant or something, then she had three or four sets developed, one set for each team. There were 10 pictures, three drivers and 8 girls, including Grace, so off we went in search of the items. We 'drivers' let the girls figure out the clues and tell us where to go, so armed with pictures, check-off lists and digital cameras, off we went. These girls are VERY competitive! I felt like I was on 'Amazing Race' or something. It was a great idea! My hat is off to my sister for finding that idea and following up on it so well. Once we all got back, they had a taco bar for dinner, looked at the pictures from the scavenger hunt, played outside for a bit, then had a cookie cake and ice cream bar for dessert. It thrills my soul that Kate has such good friends. They all had an absolute blast and I told my sister I think this was one of the best parties ever!

No comments: