Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Busy week, but fun days

My sweet Kate boarded a plane this morning, BY HERSELF, to go see my mom in Florida! She has now done something that her Aunt Dianne has never done! I'm really proud of her. I know that's not such a big deal to anyone who flies often, but it is to me! :-) When my sister booked the flight, she'd asked about being able to walk Kate to the gate, but they told her that it depended on what the security risks were on the day Kate was flying, so, true worry-wart that I am, I began praying right then that all would be calm and she would be able to do that. As it turned out, my sister didn't even have to ask for a gate pass....the airline Kate flew evidently automatically gives them to parents of minors who are flying alone. Too bad the people on the phone didn't tell my sister that to begin with, but oh well, extra prayers never hurt anyone! :-)

We have rehearsals tonight and tomorrow night for our 4th of July program at church this Sunday...Patriotic Jamboree. It should be fun. I am looking forward to getting there tonight and seeing what's in store. It sounds like the set-up is nothing like we've ever done, so I'm excited to see it. Hopefully the rehearsals will go well......

THEN, what I'm really excited about....this weekend, I am going to the Deeper Still conference this weekend here in Atlanta with Beth Moore, Priscilla Shirer, and Kay Arthur. Well, actually, I'm not going WITH them, but they are the speakers. :-) I've only been to one other Beth Moore conference to see her in person and I and left there ready to become a groupie. She is just fabulous. I've done a couple of Kay Arthur studies, but never seen her in person. I know nothing at all about Priscilla Shirer, but I'm sure she's great as well. I am excited. I am going with my step-mom, her sister, and my step-mom's daughter. It will be nice to get away for a while and focus on GOD and spend time with Brenda (my step-mom) and Angie (her daughter). I don't know Brenda's sister very well, but it will be a good weekend. We are spending the night at some hotel downtown so that we don't have to fight traffic and pay so much for parking. There is supposed to be a shuttle that runs from the hotel to Phillips Arena, so that will be nice.

Then when we get home from that, I hit the ground running getting ready for Sunday and then program at church Sunday night.

Whew....it will all be fun, but it'll be a whirlwind.

And now, I need some opinions:

I think this black background makes all this somewhat easier to read and the other colors stand out more, but I don't know if I'm sold on it yet....any thoughts?

9 comments:

Jill said...

Have a wonderful time at Deeper Still. I really wanted to go since I've never seen Beth Moore, but it just didn't work into the family plans this weekend. You'll have to do a post for us after you return! I personally love the black background. Looks great. Take care, Dianne.

Jennifer said...

Ooo, I'm jealous. I'm sure this weekend with Beth Moore is going to be awesome.

I'll be praying for you and the Choir during the Patriot Jamboree...we're heading out of town Friday night and won't be back for two weeks.

And I like the black. Definitely easier to read. The yellow against it is actually easier to read than the white, though. Just my thoughts.

j

Jess said...

AGH!!!
You're KILLIN' me, Dianne!
You know, I actually had a ticket to Deeper Still this weekend and I've had to give it up to go to my grandmother's memorial service in Illinois!! I am SOOOO disappointed!
You know, I had never heard of Priscilla S. before either, but the sweet friend of mine who got the tix to Deeper Still had also given me a book of hers "Discerning the Voice of God" and I've really enjoyed it. (Guess I'll just read that on the plane and imagine myself at Phillips...)
I do hope it's a wonderful day for you and your group though! :)
Maybe I'll see you at Women of Faith in September! :)
Have fun!

~jessica

Jean said...

That sounds like an absolutely amazing weekend. I have never yet seen Beth Moore anywhere but on James Robison's TV program. I just love her.

And I do like the black background a lot. Anything to make reading easier for these aging eyes of mine!

Anonymous said...

I know you are going to have a great time at the conference.

I'll miss seeing though at the shower!

Justabeachkat said...

Have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I love the darker background. It's easier to read.

Hugs!
Kat

Amy said...

Oh yes, I like the dark background better. My poor eyes can read this!

Hope you are having a great time at the conference! Let us know what you learn, ya hear?

Tracey said...

Oh, I wish I could be at that conference!!! Fill us in when you can.

I like the new colors!

Tonja said...

Hope you had a great time at the conference! Some girls from my church went and said it was fabulous! I know you came home with a head and heart full of new information. So glad you could go!

Like the black!