Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, May 29, 2008

UGH!

I decided today as I was sitting in the doctor's office that there is one thing that REALLY irritates me....people who monopolize conversations and won't hush!

Without going into all the detail here, I had an appointment with my new doctor this afternoon (who I changed to after the fiasco with my prior one last October when I was so sick) and while I was sitting in the waiting room, there were three ladies there who knew each other. Two of them were together (one came with a friend she evidently works with), the third knew them and evidently used to work with them, but didn't know they would be there today. Gosh...talk about a know-it-all.....she drove me NUTS. She was pressuring the two ladies that were together to tell her things that were discussed in a staff meeting they had today, making them feel 'small' because they didn't ask all the 'right' questions in their meeting, harassing them because they didn't have their cell phones on so she could call them and find out about their meeting as soon as it was over, etc. Of course, her job 'now' is just perfect and she can't imagine how the other firm is possibly going to make it without her, but I'm sure they will somehow manage! It wore me out just listening to her and I couldn't help but to wonder what her friends, not to mention the other people in the waiting room hearing the conversation, were thinking. I was SO glad when they called her back for her appointment. There was truly no way that you could not have heard her or their conversation. It made me hope that I never come across that way to other people, even strangers, and it made me pray that I never do!

Lastly, this one is not a complaint, but here's a picture of the new, growing kitty. I am still deciding on a name....I had thought about 'Sissy' since she's a sister to my other one, then after talking to a friend at work the other day, I decided I might like 'Chelsie,' but in all actuality, her name needs to be RAMBO. She is SO active it drives me nuts sometimes, then other times, she's so sweet that I can't help but to love her. Sweet Kitty, who also goes by Sugar just for the record, is still trying to decide. They play and fight, then Sweet Kitty tries to lick her and take care of her and be her mama, so who knows! At any rate, here's her sweet face:


Tomorrow is Kate's last day in middle school, so I'm going for their Pride Walk where they send the 8th graders off to the high school for next year, but of course, Kate and Grace both will be attending a rather new Christian school next year. She'll still be in high school nonetheless. I am amazed! I'm excited to see what next year holds for them in several areas, but I know it will be a change and probably pretty sad for Kate tomorrow knowing this will be it for life as she knows it now. She's got several good friends though, so I'm sure they'll stay in touch....teenage years are just kinda hard sometimes.

If you've managed to stay to the end of this post, I hope you've had a good week and that you have a great weekend! :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay...I'm first!!!

Cute picture of your new 'baby,' and I think Rambo is a great name. :-)

Hugs to Kate and Grace as they finish out their school year. I know how emotional it can be when kids move from one school to another. I'm going to have three in middle school this fall. Big time Yikes!!

Hope you enjoyed your time with the girls. Talk to you soon

Being Transformed said...

Dianne,

I hope I never sound like the ladies in the doctor's office. As for kitty, when you said RAMBO, it made me think of a great gospel songwriter, Dottie Rambo, who died recently. After seeing the eyes of your kitty, you could call her Dottie Rambo, a name with dual meaning. Just a thought. Leanne

Justabeachkat said...

We once had a kitten that I couldn't decide on a name. I said she's cute as a button and my husband said, "then let's call her Buttons"...and we did. Your kitty is cute as a button too.

Hugs!
Kat

Tonja said...

good to hear from you, Dianne. I feel that way when I hear people talking on their cell phones in a waitin room, with no regard to the rest of us who don't give a flying fig about their personal life.

I think you should name the kitty...Splenda or maybe Equal...you know, to go with Sugar...aspartame would be too hard to say and saccharrin...no way! Just a thought.
I CAN HEAR YOU LAUGHING....
OH YES I CAN!

Tonja said...

Oh! Here's another one...

Molasses....cause it is so sugary and dark...

You could call her LASSIE for short!
------------------------------
WHY, YES I DO...I THINK THAT IS A VERY CLEVER NAME!

ARE YOU STILL LAUGHING? OK...I just won't try to help you next time...

Tracey said...

I know you're probably as busy as I am! Sorry it's been a while! I miss my blog chickies! Your kitten is precious!

Hope all is well...

Jean said...

Oh my goodness, I am so far behind in my blog reading. I was in Florida last week and then we went camping with our church this weekend.

We had a black kitty one time that was never sweet. It would suddenly go on rampages throughout the house like it was demon possessed. So we named it Lucifer. When it disappeared behind my desk, only to show up IN my top desk drawer, shocking the living daylights out of me, Lucifer was dismissed from our house rather forcefully, and never welcomed inside again!

I like Rambo for a name, but I think Tonja's ideas are quite creative too!!