Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where has time gone?

I can't believe that it's been since May 8 that I last posted anything...where has the time gone??

I have thoroughly LOVED getting back to life after tax season! I have been trying to think what I have done since I last posted and here's my list: attended Grace's soccer games (their season is through now), taken time off to shop a little, went to Grace's field day...where I got sunburned (UGH!), we wrapped up our year of children's choir with an end of the year program, I've been to some FABULOUS programs at church....between our grade school choirs and middle and high school choirs, we are incredibly blessed. Last weekend I went to a Beth Moore DVD study that left me more emotional than I ever thought it would. She's just so fabulous that you HAVE to be touched by anything she does by the time it's over!

I've also been breaking up catfights and trying to teach the little one that furniture is not to be CLIMBED! She should certainly know the meaning of 'NO!' by now! :-) She is sweet though! I've had her 5 weeks today and I weighed her tonight....she only weighs 2.2 lbs, so she was really tiny when I got her. I don't think that I even realized how little she was!

Other than that, I've just been doing the normal 'life things' but all things that I appreciate being able to do now. Tomorrow I am going in to work then leaving to go to Christopher's (my friend Gina's son) awards day, then meeting a friend for lunch, then back to work for the afternoon. Next week, I will go to Kate's awards day on Wednesday then back to her middle school on Friday for some program, then something where they send them off to high school. Another reason I can title this post, 'Where has time gone?' That sweet thing has grown up before my eyes and I can hardly believe she heads to high school next year! WOW! She is a fabulous young woman and I am SO proud to be her aunt. By the time this month is over, I will have used about a week of my vacation time, but that's okay because these are all things that I wouldn't miss for the world. I've learned that you only get one chance to do some things and I don't want to blow a single opportunity!

Here's a picture of Kate and me from her concert tonight. Not so great of me....but really good of her. She got her braces off last Thursday and she is just precious!

Life is good....great, actually....and I am so content right now that it's not funny. Isn't that a blessing???

6 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Gosh, she's gorgeous! And what are you talking about...you look beautiful too. I love the blonde in your hair.

Yep, being "so content right now that it's not funny" is definitely a blessing!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Look at Kate's lovely smile! Time sure does have a way of getting by us. Enjoy all the time you have with the girls!

I like the blond hair too!

Jill said...

I just LOVE that photo - you BOTH look great. It is amazing how time flies. I didn't realize Kate was a to-be high schooler. Oh my goodness. Next year will be very special for her and for her aunt!

Anonymous said...

this is a blessing!

thanks for the stories! the boys and i enjoyed reading them, laughing, and they sparked our memory of more things too.

Jean said...

What a gorgeous picture of both of you! Do you know, that at first glance she reminds me of pictures of Carolyn Kennedy when she was a girl? So glad you're enjoying life so much these days. I've missed you.

Tonja said...

It's a good thing I finally heard from you... you were nigh on to getting the "B" Club citation...ask Tracey how it feels.

You look beautiful, as does Kate. I agree with Jean about the look-alike.

Sounds as if you are enjoying life, and making the most of every day. Which is what we all should do. But, so happy that life is treating you well.

I think your neices are so blessed to have you in their lives. Sometimes having another adult who loves you and is not a parent, is a vey good thing. I know these girls are as happy to have you as you are to have them.