Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Sunday, November 30, 2008

This n' that

So I decided it was time to change to a Christmas theme. I don't decorate much for Christmas, but I saw this nativity scene a few years ago in Gatlinburg when I was there with my friend Gina and her family. I thought it was adorable, but couldn't afford it, so imagine my surprise when I got it, in parts, from Gina and another girl I work with that year at Christmas! It's been in boxes in my garage probably since I moved here and I just haven't thought about putting it out because I didn't know where I could put it that cats might not get to it (!!), but I decided this year that my mantle is a great place. It is cute as pie sitting up there and I like seeing it every day.

Pastor Mel's sermon today was on the 9th commandment, about not giving false testimony against your neighbor. I bought a CD of last Sunday's sermon since I was out of town, so I'll listen to that soon and get that one and today's sermon notes posted soon. I cannot tell you how blessed we are to have him as our pastor. The wisdom he shares every week just makes me want to sit there with my mouth hanging open, but I know that's not a good look for me, so I try not to do that! :-) These sermons have been a very interesting walk through the 10 commandments. His applications to life today are great. Next Sunday is supposed to be the 10th one, but we are having one of our Living Christmas Tree programs at 10:45 instead of the service. We are having regular church at 8:00, so I am hoping he will delay the 10th commandment until the week after the tree. I am going to try to find out this week what the deal is going to be and if I have to, I may just have to get up and go to the 8:00 service next week! I can't imagine that he won't wait a week to do it, but we'll see.

I'm sad to say that it's back to work tomorrow. I am always amazed at how quickly time off passes! I think that saying is, "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!" :-)

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little Nativity set and it looks so bright and cheerful in your header!

Lyndy said...

What a cute nativity set. So glad you are getting to use it this year.

Have a blessed week.

Lyndy

The Blakelys said...

Your nativity is so cute. The boys would love it. Hope that you are doing good.

Justabeachkat said...

It's adorable and it makes a very cute header for your blog. I love the new look...very cheerful.

Hugs!
Kat

Tracey said...

I love your nativity set! We do love collecting those snowmen, don't we?!?!

I need a new look too...not that I even blog much anymore. Ugh. I'm gonna try to do better.

Tonja said...

It's great, Dianne! Makes a great header, and bet it looks cute in your house, too.

Glad you liked the soup...it's a family favorite around here!

I have to go back to work too...Yuck! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

love the christmas theme!

Jean said...

Great header!! See, I'm not the only one that still reads your blog!

Jill said...

I collect snowmen and that nativity is so very, very cute. I love it! Hope you're feeling 100% now.

Jean said...

What a cute nativity scene! It's just so "Dianne"