Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Small changes and big blessings.

I decided to change my blog colors for a while in, I hate to say, 'honor' of halloween, but to me, it's just a fun day for kids to dress up and get candy! Plus, as I was doing that, I realized that in my header picture, Grace has a pumpkin on her shirt, so I thought I'd go with it for a while. I've always focused on the glasses more than her shirt. Funny how you see what you want to, huh?

Anyway, this has been a great week. I love the change in weather and wish it could be like this all year long, but then, I'm sure I'd take it for granted, so I guess I really don't wish that, but I do wish it would stay like this for a while.

About the week, all I did was go to work every day, took Grace to soccer practice on Tuesday night, had church stuff on Wednesday night, then on Thursday, I took part of a vacation day and had a great lunch with our new pastor's wife. I tend to be a bit nervous in new situations like that, but it was simply great! We 'clicked' immediately and I was sitting there, totally at ease, thinking how cool it is that God can bring new friends into our life so quickly if He chooses to do so. Don't you just love when you meet someone like that and you can sit there and talk and talk, about deep stuff, funny stuff and everything in-between, and before you know it, it's almost been 2 hours?! She had to go pick up her children from school or I am sure we could have talked even longer. In thinking about our conversation since then, I have more to ask her about, so I hope we'll be doing that again sometime soon. Thursday night, I just hung out with my sister, Grace, and a friend of Grace's, so that was fun too. Tonight, I went to see 'Nights in Rodanthe' with friends. I didn't love it, but it was okay. Tomorrow, Grace has a soccer game, then I'm going to go hang out at my sister's and venture a bit more into cardmaking. We both have tons of supplies, it's just more fun to work together and share ideas. I may post pictures if I come up with anything exceptionally creative! :-) I'm kind of excited about tomorrow too! Sunday night, we have a 'concert' to premier the new CD our choir made a couple of months ago. That should be fun.

Another cool thing is that I had a chance on Wednesday night on the way to children's choir to speak to our new pastor and tell him how much I have loved his sermons and how they challenge me all week long. As it should so happen, I was passing through an area of the church just as he was doing the same, so it was really a perfect one-on-one opportunity. He was very gracious and just asked that I continue to pray for him and his family. Moving all the way from Canada would be a big adjustment for anyone! We really are blessed though and I want him to know I appreciate the work he's putting into his job here. I just know God has great things in store...

...and I can't wait!

5 comments:

Cherdecor said...

I am so glad that you had a great week. The luncheon with your new friend sounded delightful.

I must go to your church's site and see if there are more sermons to download. I had downloaded and listened to all they had the first time I was there. Your people are truly blessed to have this man shepherd your church.

Justabeachkat said...

It sounds like you had a good week. I'm so happy the new pastor and his family are such a blessing. I haven't seen Pam and Dow in awhile so I haven't heard much.

We saw Nights in Rodanthe yesterday and I loved it! Glad I had a kleenex nearby though.

Hugs!
Kat

Tracey said...

hey girl...can you believe I'm on blogger?! ;-) I like the new colors...I need a new fall look too.

I've tagged you in a "meme"...have fun!

Jean said...

I like the new look.

Wow, that is great that you got to have lunch with the pastor's wife!

I'm eager to hear that CD. Boy, I surely do wish we didn't live so far apart. I would just love to sing in that choir.

Jill said...

I like the new fall "look" and the pumpkin on Grace's shirt is so PERFECT! I am so happy that you are loving your new pastor/wife so much. What a blessing! Hope you're having a good week!