Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Life.

It's been soooo long since I've posted! I didn't even realize how long it had been until I just looked at the date on the post before the quote on the 28th. Lots has happened and life has been busy.

I left the 30th to see my mom in Florida and was there until Sunday, the 3rd. Got back from there to a full office of work. I never figure how that happens....I was about totally caught up when I left, but when I got back, I had enough stuff in there to keep me VERY busy all week this past week. I'm not complaining, I just can't figure how that happens! I spent Monday night at home; went to see 'Mamma Mia' for the 3rd time with my sister and nieces on Tuesday; Wednesday, I had a meeting for Children's choir which starts again this coming Wednesday, then that night, I went to see 'Mamma Mia' AGAIN with my friend, Gina. Thursday, we had a shower at work during lunch for a co-worker who is expecting in September, then after work, went to a friend's house to get dinner for her children while she and her husband were out of town. They are old enough to look after themselves, pretty much, I just needed to get dinner for them and be sure they started homework, etc. Friday, I did the dinner thing at my friend's house again, came home for a few minutes, went to my sister's for a quick dinner, then back home to watch the opening of the Olympics. What a week!

Kate and Grace start their new school on Monday, so I took Grace today to get a new Bible as they will need one and she didn't have a good one to use. I was glad to be able to do that and happy that my sister let me. I dropped Grace off, did a couple of errands, then came home to watch the Olympics, nap and peruse the internet the rest of the day. I have loved today!

Tomorrow is our new pastor's first day at our church and I couldn't be more thrilled. I ordered a couple of his books off Amazon.com so I could sort of get a feel for what he might be like. I am eager to see what God has in store for our church under his leadership. These are exciting days, no doubt. Tomorrow afternoon, I have a drop-in shower to attend, then back to church for a receiption for our new pastor and his family. Never a dull moment!

If you haven't checked it out, go read my friend Rachel's blog....she's in Beijing for the Olympics and having a great time!

And for a huge laugh, go here. Trust me...it's FUNNY!

10 comments:

Tonja said...

I am so happy to hear from you, my friend. I was getting ready to come look for you and make sure you were OK.
Sound as if your life is busy, busy, busy. But that is a good thing. How wonderful that you have so many friends and loved ones in your life. You are blessed.
Try to remember where your computer is now that you found it again! :)
Tonja

Jess said...

So, I take it you liked "Mama Mia"? :) I have heard several different ladies say in the last week that it's just awesome and makes you leave in very high spirits! Maybe I'll catch the matinee tomorrow.
Glad to have you back in the blogosphere and glad that all has been well with you.
Keep us posted on the new pastor! That is exciting.
We're excited, too to elect a 'new' senior pastor in our church. He's actually been one of the associate pastors for 15-20 years now, but it's exciting to have 'new breath' breathed into the church, you know?
Have a great week!

Jill said...

Grat catching up with you. You most certainly hold the record for "person I know who has seen Mama Mia the most time." ha! Didn't you just love the opening ceremonies? I didn't get to see all of it, but what I did see was amazing. What a blessed time for your church. Can't wait to hear more about your new pastor.

Jean said...

Hey! So good to hear from you again! Wow, you have been on the go, but like Tonja said, don't forget where your computer is! We missed you.

Deedra said...

Glad to see you back! Thank you for the sweet comment and for the link love! You're right! We would definitly be buddies if we lived closer!

I hope you love your new pastor! Our pastor left 4 years ago and we went without one for a year! It was a really long year but God blessed us beyond what we could have imagined! I hope He does the same for your church! Keep us posted!

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Dianne

I've enjoyed "catching up" with you tonight. My Mom and Aunt left this morning, so I'm working hard to visit all of my blogging friends. You've been a busy busy girl too. I hope your new pastor is a blessing to your church.

BTW...today is my blog's 3rd birthday! Amazing! Thanks for being such a sweet blogging friend!

Hugs!
Kat

The Blakelys said...

Hey Dianne! I saw on Rachel's blog that you also had one. I am so excited because this will give us another way of keeping up with each other. Hope to hear from you soon. Tricia

Deedra said...

Girl! Don't you go waiting another month to blog! :)

Anonymous said...

hey! thanks for the posting and the comments. it has been an adventure. i hope to continue to put some up as i didn't have as much time as i hoped to blog. love ya! and i am sure you are right about being an aunt, it is already so great.

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Dianne

Just wanted to say "hi". Hope you're doing okay. Staying busy??

Stop by when you get a chance. I have an award for you.

Hugs!
Kat