Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Two weeks later....(well, almost)

I really have NOTHING to post about. I have done very little these last two weeks besides work, church and a few other things as needed. Tax season is definitely here....in a big way.

Work has been 90-nothing in aiming for the January 31 deadline to have W-2's and 1099's done for about 40 companies....oh the joys of public accounting, huh? :-) I've got my momentum though and things are smooth so far, I am just praying it stays that way. Once I am done with January, the rest is downhill for me! YEA!

I've talked to my mom a few times and Doc is about the same. Thanks to those of you who commented on my last post and for your kind words.

We've had some weird weather here this week....both Wednesday afternoon/evening and today. Believe it or not, I even set my alarm for 5:10 this morning so I could get on up and get in to work to get my time in before the bad weather started. It's not really bad weather yet, but I left work shortly after the snow flurries started. If I were going to get stuck anywhere, I didn't want it to be there! We've had snow flurries and even some accumulation....and that's a weird thing for Georgia! :-)

My brother-in-law, John, came over today to look at my laptop. For some reason, since we got back from my mom's, my laptop couldn't find my router here at home and I couldn't send e-mail from my laptop. Weird stuff, and for a girl who likes to know how things work and why they don't at times, that has been VERY frustrating! John works for Bellsouth and looks at these problems all the time, so he came over and showed me what to do if it happens again. I am GLAD. Anyway, Grace came over with him and had to build me a snowman before she left. Of course, being the proud aunt, I had to take some pictures. She's just SO sweet and so good for my heart!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back to blogging - I've missed you. Grace's snowman is cute! Looks like you got about as much snow as we did. What a joke! To hear David Chandley talk, I figured we'd have a lot more.

Justabeachkat said...

No snow here. Just COLD rain! Grace's snowman is adorable, just like her.

When you get a chance, I've tagged you for a meme.

Hugs!
Kat

Jess said...

Very sweet.
Glad to have you back!

Unknown said...

What a cute little snowman and what a cute niece. Try not to work too hard and have a good week.

Profbaugh said...

Love, love, love the snowman. Thanks for sharing the picture. Glad you're back. Miss ya.

~Cheryl

Jill said...

Glad to hear from you. Love that snowman and that sweet girl!

Jean said...

I love all the southern snowmen I've been seeing on blogs this week! Did you see the one on my sister Rose's blog? A tiny little guy they named Fred! So good to hear from you again!

Tracey said...

I've been "missing" about as much as you have! Not much time to blog here, and I know you are COVERED UP with tax season!

Love the snowman and Grace could not get any cuter!

Tonja said...

I wish we would get just a little snow...but so far, only bitter cold.

Glad to hear from you, I miss it when you don't keep us posted on what's going on with you. You work on that, you hear? :)

Anonymous said...

What a cute snowman. Grace is pretty cute too!!! What a sweet smile. I miss you!!