Initially, ‘Glasses of Grace’ started because my niece, Grace, had to get glasses for reading. Since grace is such a spiritual topic and the fact that my niece is such a doll, I started thinking about the ways God shows us His grace on a daily basis. From His servings, His 'glasses of grace' to us - to seeing the world through the eyes of grace (or Grace, since she had new glasses and better sight), it made sense in more ways than one, so a title was born. Blessings and all, this is my life…

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Amazed by Grace

Sometimes I am absolutely amazed at the things that come out of Grace's mouth. More times than not, her words are hilarious, true, and directly to the point. She has a mind like a steel trap for detail...sometimes that's good, and sometimes it's bad. We've all had to look at each other at some point and say, "She's right." :)

Anyway, the story, for now though, is this:

Grace had her 11th birthday on April 13...a little over two weeks ago. Here is a picture from that night to give you a graphic:


You'll see Kate's knee and laptop on the couch behind Grace. I was on the floor taking pictures as Grace was opening some of her birthday stuff, and decided I needed a picture of Kate, since I haven't taken any of her in quite a while. With her being almost 16 now, pictures aren't so much her thing anymore, but I aimed my camera anyway and was about to shoot when she looked up and said, "Don't!" and ducked down behind her laptop.

Needless to say, I didn't try anymore, but I said, "Well, you better be thinking about it because before I leave tonight, I'm going to get Grace to take a picture of me and you!!!"

Kate's response was, "Maybe."

I looked at Grace and just sort of shrugged, knowing for sure that I'd eventually win (!!), to which Grace turned around to look at Kate. I mistakenly thought Grace was going to tell Kate she needed to do it since I'm such a fabulous aunt (!!), BUT this was Grace's response:

"Uhhh....Kate.....YOU'RE PRETTIER THAN SHE IS!!!"

I said, "GRACE....Hello!!!! I can hear you!!" Grace just started laughing and said, "Well...she is!"

I mean, how do you NOT laugh at that?? My goodness! Kate truly is a beautiful girl now. Here's a picture of her about a year ago to prove my point:

I'm not complaining because I'm very proud of BOTH of them, and I'm thrilled that Grace thinks her sister is the greatest thing since sliced bread, BUT wow.....she just cracks me up sometimes!

2 comments:

Tonja said...

My how she has grown! And, isn't she cute? And, Kate, as well. What a wonderful relationship they have with you. If kids can truly be themselves around a person, that means they feel safe and comfortable and loved. All things I am sure they have always felt around you. How blessed they are to have you in their life!

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your glassesofgrace.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com